Variable Employee Abstracting Specialist
California Health Collaborative
The California Health Collaborative, a nonprofit corporation providing innovative health programming statewide is seeking a part-time cancer registrar based in the Fresno office or may work from a home office.
This position requires an independent, articulate, assertive self-starter who is passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of cancer patients by collecting cancer data that can be used by researchers to find the causes and cures of cancer. The registry, formally the regional representative of the California Cancer Registry for Regions 2 and 6, is responsible for reporting data on cancer cases for more than 30 facilities throughout northern and central California.
Identify potential cases through case-finding sources such as disease indices, pathology reports, radiation therapy logs and other sources provided by assigned facilities and abstracting all reportable cases as defined in Volume One of the California Cancer Registry. Experience in the American College of Surgeons cancer program is desirable.
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR)
- Three or more years of experience working in a California cancer registry setting
- Proficiency in the use of CNExT software including creating lists and reports
- Must have knowledge of and experience with medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, abstracting principles, coding and staging rules utilizing ICD-O-3, SEER Extent of Disease, AJCC TNM staging, SEER Summary Stage and CNExT software
- Ability to work independently, solve practical problems
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form
- Ability to travel and, when necessary, attend out of town meetings, conferences, and data collection activities which would require overnight travel
Instructions for Resume Submission:
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to Emma Pimentel at email@example.com.
The California Health Collaborative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position will remain open until filled.