Certified Tumor Registrars & Lead CTR’s
Medical Record Associates
Available positions for Certified Tumor Registrars (CTR) & Leads (CRL)
Medical Record Associates, LLC is currently seeking qualified Certified Tumor Registrar’s (CTR) and Leads (CRL) with California and CNExT experience, to join our Cancer Registry Team. Our Cancer Registry Team carries extensive experience and strong expertise in all aspects of cancer reporting. The team provides varied registry activities to our clients including case finding, abstracting, and coding of current and backlog cases, follow up services, preparation for ACoS survey, cancer program operations reviews, special studies and research projects, training, and education, and assisting clients with staffing needs and requirements.
These positions are remote.
Essential Job Functions
Our CTRs will provide quality consulting services to hospitals and cancer centers located throughout the country. This role will cover a variety of tasks which will include the following:
- Conduct Abstracting, Case Finding and Follow-Up
- Complete case finding by identifying all cases with newly diagnosed cancer
- Ensure the identified cases are reported
- Regular review of pathology reports, dictated reports, diagnostic and treatment logs, and disease index
- Complete case abstracting by analyzing, abstracting, and coding case assigned
- Ensure all data abstracted accurately and follows facility procedures
- Assist with quality control activities, information requests, and quality improvement studies
Our CRLs provide hospital client success while managing new and existing teams while being staffed to multiple facilities. The Cancer Registry Lead (CRL) delivers quality solutions to our clients across the country. They approach each hospital engagement as an opportunity to apply their clinical expertise with precision to advance patient outcomes and research. As a team leader, you will have client abstraction, and team management responsibilities. It is an exciting challenge, offering growth, management experience, and flexibility.
- Collaborating with the Director of Cancer Registry to achieve clear understanding of client expectations, maintaining high levels of client satisfaction through ongoing communication
- Achieving client goals and deadlines, regularly evaluating team staffing to ensure success
- Managing exception reporting process, maintaining oversight to ensure accurate reporting, and client notification and review
- Fostering team member growth, providing subject matter support as needed
- Facilitate team building with timely meetings and touchpoints to ensure a balanced remote workplace
- Provide quality reviews on team members
- Maintaining targeted personal productivity, up to 90%.
- Consistently meeting accuracy thresholds of 90% and above.
- Provide daily leadership to the division in the absence of the Cancer Registry Director
- Attend bi-weekly internal management meetings
Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to approach problems in a systematic method using the ability to synthesize data and suggest recommendations
- Love teaching others (and yourself!) and can take performance management steps when necessary (CRL)
- Demonstrates high standards for accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrates technical savvy and strong desire to learn new systems and technology
- Thrives working independently and takes ownership of projects/patient records
- Consistently and clearly communicates, adjusting style and tone as needed to effectively collaborate with hospital partners, peers, team leads and others
- Demonstrates strong self-organizational and time management skills to concurrently manage multiple accounts, adjusting as needed to shifting timelines and priorities
- Adapts to changes in hospital partner timelines, requirements, and project assignments
- Maintains a high degree of responsibility in keeping PHI secure and confidential
- Current CTR certification in good standing
- Leads will require one year of previous lead experience and 5 years of CTR experience
- CTR positions will require a minimum of 3 years cancer registry experience
- 1+ years of California Abstracting
- Ability to evaluate cancer registry data for concordance with cancer program accreditation and other applicable standards
- Direct CNExT cancer registry data abstraction experience
- Exposure to multiple patient medical record systems (EMRs) and clinical databases
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office (Microsoft Excel)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience working at a CoC and NAPBC Accredited facilities
- RHIA/RHIT credentials
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please visit our website at www.mrahis.com for additional information about our team and where you can directly apply.
Apply Online: https://www.mrahis.com/careers/