Cancer Registry Analyst
Kaiser Permanente Northern California Regional Cancer Registry
The Kaiser Permanente Northern California Regional Cancer Registry is seeking a qualified CTR for the position of Cancer Registry Analyst. The job is located at our research-based Regional Cancer Registry in Oakland. This is not a primary abstracting, or remote contracting position. The Division of Research, located in downtown Oakland, is highly accessible via public transit, and immediately adjacent to the 19th Street BART station. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package and offers the opportunity to work for the largest healthcare research entity outside of a university setting in the United States.
Please apply directly online to https://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org, posting #867786. If you have additional questions, please contact Kaiser Permanente HR Consultant Ayanna Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or the registry director Michael Oehrli at email@example.com
The responsibility of the Cancer Registry Analyst is to support State and SEER regulatory cancer registry operations as well as management of cancer registry standards required to maintain CoC Cancer Program Accreditation for 19 programs. As a regional registry we also perform case resolution and quality control tasks across multiple hospitals as a single integrated regional healthcare system. Duties may include, but are not limited to; Database Quality Control, Recurrence Tracking, Treatment Analysis, NCDB Call for Data, Physician Case Review, Cancer Committee Special Studies, and monitoring of NCDB Quality and Accountability Measures. The Cancer Registry Analyst will join a team of analysts assigned as cancer registry alternates to support our 19 Cancer Liaison Physicians and Cancer Committees. The Cancer Registry Alternate also supports the Regional Cancer Registry database and provides consultation to the Division of Research cancer research team on several related projects.
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR)
- Three or more years of analytical and or consulting experience in a setting wherein data submission to maintain a statewide or national cancer registry was performed.
- An Associate Degree or Certificate of Achievement from an NCRA-approved (CIM) Cancer Information Management program may substitute for minimum work experience.
- Three or more year’s work experience in departments involved with the diagnosis and/or treatment of cancer (including, but not limited to cancer registry).
- Three or more years of experience synthesizing, analyzing, and interpreting cancer data.
- One year or more work experience in a Commission on Cancer accredited health care facility.
- One year or more work experience using cancer registry software such as CNExT for report production and presentation of statistical outcomes.
- Familiarity with MS Office Word and Excel.