Cancer Registry Analyst
Kaiser Permanente-Northern California
The Kaiser Permanente Northern California Regional Cancer Registry is seeking a qualified CTR for the position of Cancer Registry Analyst. This is not a primary abstracting or remote contracting position, but one focused on long-term registry data quality, analytic support of 19 CoC accredited cancer programs, outcomes evaluation in support of integrated healthcare system operations, and support of our Division of Research cancer research portfolio. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package and offers the opportunity to work for one of the largest healthcare research entities outside of a university setting in the United States.
While the job is located at our Regional Cancer Registry at the Kaiser Permanente Division of Research in Oakland, the registry analyst team is still working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Applicants must reside in Northern California as a return to some level of onsite work is expected in 2022 to support our cancer programs and our Division of Research. The scope of onsite/offsite work will be re-evaluated in January 2022.
The responsibility of the Cancer Registry Analyst is to support regional registry operations as well as assist our internal analyst team in the management of registry-specific CoC Cancer Program standards for 19 accredited programs. This hybrid registry model combines the typical regulatory and accreditation functions of a single hospital-based cancer registry, with the integrated case-resolution, research support, and quality control processes of a large multi-hospital regional registry.
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR)
- Three or more years of analytical and or consulting experience in a setting wherein data submission to maintain a statewide or national cancer registry was performed.
- An Associate Degree or Certificate of Achievement from an NCRA-approved (CIM) Cancer Information Management program may substitute for minimum work experience.
- Three or more year’s work experience in departments involved with the diagnosis and/or treatment of cancer (including, but not limited to cancer registry).
- Three or more years of experience analyzing and interpreting cancer data.
- One year or more work experience in a Commission on Cancer accredited health care facility.
- One year or more work experience using cancer registry software such as CNExT.
- Familiarity with MS Office Word and Excel.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply directly online to https://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org/job/oakland/cancer-registry-analyst/641/15271137920, posting #1003336. If you have additional questions, you may contact the registry director Michael Oehrli (firstname.lastname@example.org).