Cancer Registrar II
- Knowledge of cancer, cancer staging mechanisms, ICD-/ ICD-10 coding systems, American College of Surgeons Facility Oncology Registry Data Standards (FORDS) Manual, and SEER Multiple Primary & Histology manual.
- Knowledge of cancer disease process, including tumor nomenclature, medical terminology, medical procedures, anatomy and physiology.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadline.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook), CNExT cancer data collection, electronic health records (EHR), and EPIC.
Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient’s protected health information (PHI).
Build collaborate relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
CTR-Certified Tumor Registrar Upon Hire
1 year preferred basic clinical and practical experience as typically acquired in a similar environment
- Associate of Arts degree in a health-related field or equivalent education/experience.
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required degree or diploma.
- Completion of accredited Cancer Registrar training program.
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors including but not limited to a candidate’s experience, education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Locations allowed for submissions:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Apply Online: https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/recruiting/sutterhealth/SH/job/Sacramento/Cancer-Registrar-II_R-20952